Establish a social media presence for your brand
What to Know
- In the YouTube account settings, choose Create a new channel. Enter details. Switch between channels via the profile drop-down menu.
- Add manager: Go to account settings > Add or remove manager(s) > Manage Permissions > Invite new users > [drop-down] > Manager.
- Managers have the same account privileges as owners, except they can’t add or manage others’ access to the account.
You can create a YouTube brand account that uses your company name. This account is controlled through your personal YouTube page. You can manage your business account by yourself or share duties with others you designate. We show you how to set up this kind of account.
Also Read: How Do YouTube Channel Memberships Work
How to Create a YouTube Business Account
Before you get started, you need a personal YouTube account and a Google account. If you have a Google account, you can use it on YouTube because Google owns both.
- Go to YouTube.com, select Sign In, and then log in to your personal YouTube account.
Select your profile icon in the upper-right corner and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Create a new channel under Your YouTube channel.
Enter a name for your new YouTube brand account and select Create.
Tip: Choose a name that properly reflects your business. The best brand names are short and memorable.
To switch between your personal and brand accounts, select your profile icon in the upper-right corner and choose Switch account from the drop-down menu.
YouTube Brand Account Owners vs. Managers
YouTube brand accounts are different from personal YouTube accounts in that you can add owners and managers to the account. Owners can add and remove managers, remove listings, edit the business information, manage all the videos, and respond to reviews.
Managers can do all those things except add and remove managers and remove listings. Individuals classified as communication managers can only respond to reviews and do a few other lesser managerial duties.
Also Read: How to Use YouTube
How to Add Managers to a YouTube Brand Account
To add managers and owners to your Brand Account:
- Sign in to your brand account and select your profile icon in the upper-right corner, then choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
Select Add or remove manager(s) in the Channel managers section.
Enter the email address of the user you want to add.
- Select Choose a role to choose a role for the user from a drop-down list.
Select Invite. The user will receive an email explaining how to access your brand account.