The Higher Education Commission has set up an online system to provide verification and attestation services for educational documents. HEC has made this degree verification and attestation process easy for individuals who want to go abroad. So if you are thinking about moving abroad for Higher Education or traveling then you need to arrange an appointment with HEC for degree attestation.
Also Read: How to Turn Your Android Phone into a Webcam
Applying for an Appointment at HEC
HEC introduced this strong and secure online system for degree attestation which permits people to arrange an appointment with HEC from the comfort of their homes.
Following are the steps how to apply for an appointment at HEC.
Create an Account
The first thing you have to do is approach the HEC E–Portal and create an account on it. Following are the instructions that can be followed:
- After approaching HEC E–Portal, you will see the “Register” option. Click on it.
- Select your nationality, CNIC type, and your Region.
- Enter your CNIC number, email address, and mobile number.
- You will receive a code from HEC via SMS or email. Verify your email or number by submitting the code in the related field.
- Once you have confirmed your number, click on submit to create an account.
Completing your profile Information
After creating an account, you have to complete your information to go to the next step. Following are these easy steps:
- Log in to your account by entering account details.
- Scroll to the section “My Profile”.
- Enter your personal details such as your full name, date of birth, religion, etc.
- In the next section, enter your mailing, permanent and current address.
- Once, all the details of contact are entered, switch to the education tab.
- In the education tab, enter all your education details like degree title, institute and year of passing, etc.
- After entering all the educational details, send your documents. The maximum file size which may be uploaded is 500KB.
- When the files are uploaded, you can move to the next step of degree attestation.
Applying for Degree Attestation
- Turn back to the “dashboard” and scroll down to the “Accreditation and Attestation” section.
- After that, from the drop-down menu, click on “Degree Attestation”.
- Click on the “application form”, you will see in the sub-menu.
- You will be given three categories on the next screen which are “duplicate attestation”, “attest a degree” and “update an attested degree”.
- Now, you have to select the documents you want to attest. Enter “Number of pages of Photocopy Documents” or “Number of pages for original Documents” for one document type. The total amount will be based on the number of pages you want to be attested.
- Once all the documents are selected and uploaded, you have to select the center, from where you want the degree attestation.
- In the end, click the undertaking checkbox and submit your application.
Schedule an Application
When you have successfully completed your application, a message will appear on your screen with your application ID. HEC will scan your documents and if they were according to the attestation SOPs, your application will be accepted in the system.
HEC will send the applicant a message via SMS or email for scheduling his/her visit. After receiving the message, the applicant has 100 days to arrange an appointment with HEC.
Following are the instructions to select the date of your visit:
- Log in to your account.
- After logging in, click on the tab “my tasks”. In this tab, you will check the available dates for your appointment.
- Now select the date of your choice.
- Download the application form and bank challan form and print it.
- Finally, visit the office of HEC on the selected date along with your application form and documents.