Share your YouTube Premium account with up to five others
YouTube has some great benefits, so why not share? YouTube Premium Family lets you share the benefits of your YouTube subscription with up to five other people in your household. Here’s how to create a YouTube Family and how to manage Family Members once you’ve created a Family Group.
Note: This article assumes you have already subscribed to a YouTube Premium Family plan. If you have not, you can subscribe to the YouTube Premium Family plan free trial, but be aware that it’s only good for 30 days before the card you placed on file is charged for the price of the subscription.
Also Read: How to Live Stream on YouTube
Get Started With a YouTube Premium Family Plan
Unlike creating a YouTube TV Family Group, with YouTube Premium, you need to subscribe to a plan that’s designed specifically for families. YouTube Premium includes YouTube Music Premium among other services.
Note: These instructions apply to YouTube Premium Family in a web browser or on iOS or Android devices. Images were captured using the browser version of YouTube Premium.
- Go to the YouTube Premium Family membership site and sign up for an account.
Tip: If you have already created a Family Group through YouTube TV or some other Google service, members of your family group will automatically receive invitations to join in using YouTube Premium.
- Once you complete the registration process, you’ll be prompted to add users to your family group. Select users from the list of contacts provided or add them by email address.
You can skip this process and come back to it later if you choose.
- Users will receive an email invitation to join your Family Group on YouTube Premium. They should click through the email to join your Family Group and access the benefits of YouTube Premium.
Note: Anyone that you invite to be in your Family Group will automatically be connected to your Google Family Group. This means there are some other applications and services these Family Members will be able to access at any time because they are part of your family group.
- Once users have accepted the invitation, they can begin using YouTube Premium.
How to Manage Sharing YouTube Premium with Family Members
Although you are prompted to add Family Members when you first set up your Family Sharing Group on YouTube Premium, you can add and remove family members at any time.
Important: While it is possible to change your YouTube Premium Family Members, you can only do so once per year (per family member), so if you decide you want to swap out people keep those limitations in mind.
Sign in to your YouTube Premium account and then tap your Profile icon in the upper right corner.
- In the menu that appears, select Paid memberships.
Tip: Alternatively, you can sign in to your Google account and then go to youtube.com/paid_memberships in a web browser.
- On the Memberships page, select Manage Membership.
- In the menu that appears, select Edit next to Family sharing settings.
- The Members page appears. Select the + icon to add a new Family Member.
Alternatively, you can select the name of an existing Family Member to remove that person from your Family Group.