Copy and paste anything on Facebook as a text, comment, or status update
What to Know:
- Use Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to copy and paste on the Facebook desktop.
- Except for videos, you can copy anything on Facebook and paste it elsewhere.
- Facebook uses the device’s clipboard to store copied items temporarily before a paste.
This article covers copying and pasting on Facebook using the browser on your desktop and the Facebook app.
Also Read: How to Host a Facebook Watch Party
Copy and Paste on Facebook Desktop
You can copy and paste on Facebook to share a snippet of text, a motivational, or anything else. Facebook makes it quick and easy.
- With your email address, log in to Facebook in any browser on your PC.
- On your News Feed or on someone else’s timeline, go to the content you want to copy.
Select the text by clicking and dragging with your mouse from the beginning to the end of the text you want to copy.
- Right-click on the highlighted text and select Copy from the context menu. You can also use shortcut key combinations of Ctrl + C on Windows ( or Command + C on a Mac).
- Go to the location where you want to paste the copied text. It can be a chat on Messenger, your status update, or anywhere else on Facebook. Place the cursor and paste the text with Ctrl + V on Windows or Command + V on Mac. You can also right-click to bring up the context menu again and select Paste from the options.
COPY AND PASTE FACEBOOK PHOTOS ON THE DESKTOP
Want to copy those nice inspiring image quotes or any other image? It’s easy as copying and pasting anything else in the browser.
- Go to the image you want to copy.
- Right-click on the image and select Copy image from the context menu. You can also use the same method in the Gallery view.
- Paste it in a new message, a chat in Messenger, or any other location on your computer.
Copy and Paste on Facebook Mobile Apps
Copy and Paste on the Facebook app for Android or iOS is even easier and faster. The screenshots below are from Facebook for iOS.
- Open and log into the Facebook app.
- Scroll through your Facebook feed or someone else’s timeline and go to the post you want to copy. Tap on the text once to expand it if necessary.
- You can also press and hold on hyperlinks or tags within the post to copy and paste them elsewhere.
- Tap and hold the text to select the entire block of text. Select Copy to store the content in your phone’s universal clipboard.
- You can now paste the content anywhere you want.
COPY AND PASTE PHOTOS ON THE FACEBOOK APP
Facebook doesn’t allow shared videos to be copied and pasted. But no such restrictions stop you from copying a photo from a Facebook post and using another app like WhatsApp to share it.
- Go to the Facebook post with the photo you want to copy.
- Tap once to select and open it in the Gallery view.
Tap and hold the photo to display the menu. Select Copy Photo to send the image to the clipboard.
- Paste the photo in any other app that supports photos. For instance, you can take a photo from Facebook and share it via Twitter or WhatsApp.
Also Read: How To Make a Facebook Post Shareable