There are ways to get around YouTube’s repeat restrictions
What to Know
- In a web browser, right-click or long-press the video and select Loop.
- Using ListenOnRepeat, paste the video’s URL into the search box and press Enter.
This article explains how to loop a YouTube video to automatically repeat in a web browser or on the ListenOnRepeat website on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android operating systems.
Also Read: How to Block YouTube Channels
How to Loop YouTube Videos From a Web Browser
If you’re used to watching YouTube videos on your computer in a web browser such as Edge, Firefox, or Chrome, you actually already have the ability to loop videos, via a hidden menu embedded in the video.
- Visit YouTube in your favorite browser, and open the video you want to set to repeat.
- Right-click the video area, or long-press if you’re using a touch screen.
- Select Loop from the menu.
From this point forward, the video will loop continuously until you disable the loop feature, which you can do by simply repeating the steps above to uncheck the loop option or by refreshing the page.
Repeat With the ListenOnRepeat Website
If you want to try a different method of looping YouTube videos on a computer or you’re using a device such as a smartphone that doesn’t show the hidden menu option, the ListenOnRepeat website is a good alternative.
ListenOnRepeat is a free website that allows anyone to start repeating a YouTube video simply by entering its URL into its search field. Best of all, this can be done in any web browser on any device.
- Open the video you want to play on loop.
- Select Share below the video, above its description, and then choose Copy to save the URL to your clipboard.
- Open ListenOnRepeat.
- Paste the video’s URL into the search box at the top of ListenOnRepeat, and press Enter.
Tip: You can quickly paste the link with the Ctrl+V (PC) or Command+V (Mac) keyboard shortcut on a computer. On a mobile device, press-and-hold and then choose the paste option.
The video will begin playing automatically. If not, scroll down to the Search results section and then select the video from the list.
- Adjust the loop section as desired so that ListenOnRepeat will loop only a section of the video, or leave it at the default setting to repeat the entire video.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Restricted Mode on YouTube
Tip: Alternatively, you can search for YouTube videos from ListenOnRepeat’s search bar, but you’ll probably get better results on YouTube itself.